Patricia Best Vital
Years of Practice:
Vital Law Office & Dispute Resolution Services
PHONE: Cell 423-580-4468; 267-2378 or
801 Broad St. Suite 540
Chattanooga, TN 37402
- Doctor of Jurisprudence (JD) – University of Tennessee 1992 as Chattanooga Community Foundation Judge Frank Wilson Scholorship Recipient
- Bachelor of Arts (English/American Language & Literature) (pre-law concentration), magna cum laude - University of Tennessee at Chattanooga 1989
- TN Supreme Court Rule 31 Civil & Family Listed Mediator
- National Association of Securities Dealers Arbitrator & Chairperson
- Key Bridge Foundation Mediator re: Americans with Disabilities Act
- U.S. Department of Labor/Cornell University Employment Mediator
- TN Supreme Court Rule 31 Domestic Violence Listed Mediator
- American Health Lawyers Association Mediator
- Settlement Solutions, LLC Independent Contract Mediator
- TN Department of Finance & Administrative Division of Mental Retardation Svcs. "Protection from Harm" Mediator
- Chattanooga Bar Association Fee Dispute Resolution Arbitrator & Chairperson
Bar Association Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Lookout Mountain Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Chattanooga Trial Lawyers Association
- Tennessee Supreme Court & Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- 6th and 11th Circuits Federal Courts of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern District of Tennessee (Southern Division) & Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court & Court of Appeals
- Catoosa County, GA Superior Court
Boards / Committee Memberships
- House of Delegates, Tennessee Bar Association
- Executive Council, Dispute Resolution Section, Tennessee Bar Association
- Leadership Chattanooga Alumni Association of the Greater Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce (President - Elect)
- ProLex, LLC Advisory Board (Chair)
- Free Initial Consultation: No free initial consultations
- Typical Retainer Fee: Determined case by case per local reasonable market fees.
- Fixed-Priced Services and Fees: Negotiable, based on need
- Hourly Rate Fees: Determined case by case per local reasonable market fees.
All fees subject to modification based on need, representation requirements, experience.
What influences led you to your primary area of practice and what life experiences made you a better attorney?
My ability to apply my skills & insights to my clients' needs in my chosen practice areas. My pre-law background in healthcare administration & my disciplined approach to the practice deriving from my parents' military service.
What makes your law firm unique?
My legal-mediative-collaborative approach to problem-solving in order to minimize financial & emotional toll on clients & to craft lasting resolutions.